About the Journal
WEST AFRICAN JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY
About The Journal
The West African Journal of Microbiology is a publication of the Department of Microbiology, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. It is focused on the rapid publication of original full-length research articles, short communication and review papers. The Journal will accept papers from all recognized fields of Microbiology, and other fields in an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach, provided that in each case the material is directly relevant to microorganisms. The following areas are covered in the Journal:
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Industrial Processes/New Products
- Medical Biotechnology
- Agro- and Food Biotechnology
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Microorganisms in the Built Environment
- Mathematical modelling of infectious diseases
- Artificial intelligence in Microbial Sciences
- Metagenomics and other omics technologies
The WAJM aims at serving the scientific communities with original findings and reviews, with no fear or favour of conflicting interests.
The vision of WAJM is to be a reputable, multidisciplinary journal that disseminates high quality peer-reviewed research findings globally.